Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school.

I can't believe another summer has come and gone. In the beginning I was going crazy trying to come up with things for Traeden to do because he was getting very bored. I thought 'Man, this is going to be a very, very, long, summer. And then in a blink of an eye it was August. And now school.

Of course there always has to be alittle drama though. I called the lady that I carpooled with last year to make sure that we were still on-which of course we were and when I got off the phone Trae was whining (alot). He didn't want J to pick him up-he just wanted me to come get him. I thought he would be excited because he would get to see 2 of his friends (that he always plays with), so after grilling him for about 10 minutes I finally learned the truth. Apparently the last time the boys were here they got in a big fight. Usually when that happens though I hear about it immediately from someone, so this was a shock to me. Trae didn't want to go with them because he thought they were going to be mean and mad to him. I called their mom and explained all this and she said her boys were complaining too. They didn't want Trae to ride with them because of the fight-but they didn't tell her about it either. So we both said tough to our boys-and continued with the carpool. Of course I am the dorky mom who has to take pictures of everything-so here is Trae on his first day of 2nd grade:

Playing a little Guitar Hero to calm the nerves

Ready to go


Walking out the door

These shoes are a 3, he wears a 12.5-I just had to get a picture of what clown shoes look like.
It turns out that the carpool turned out OK. That's one thing you gotta love about kids-they can get mad and be in a fight and then the minute someone talks about a video game (of doll or whatever) they act like nothing ever happened.

I will be going through all this in 2 weeks with Elie as she starts preschool on Sept. 8th. Hopefully there will be less drama (but with her, I seriously doubt it).

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Cute pictures! Our kids are growing up to fast Katie!!

Jaime said...

Oh the drama! You would think our boys were a couple of girls the way they were acting! Glad that's over with, let's hope for a good rest of the year now that that's out of the way!

{Mo} said...

Fun ~ you aren't the only one who had to do the whole picture things. I think most moms do!

JENNIFRO said...

Glad to hear the story had a happy ending. It's so hard to send your kids off miserable.