Friday, July 25, 2008

24th of July adventures...

For those of you that weren't able to join us yesterday, all I can say is that you really missed out. Both me and Jordan worked in the morning. After he came home, he just wanted to work out in the yard. We have bought a few plants (this blog coming later) and he was just itching to get as much done as he could. So after laboring in the 98 degree sun all day, he decided to take the kids to the pool (I can't for for a couple more days-lets just say that I was sick and don't want to start the crypto virus!) for an hour or so. While he was gone, my SIL and her fiancee, Lisa and Art, showed up as well as my friend and her son Leslie and Conner and my FIL. We just ordered pizza and sat around and talked until it was dark enough to do the fireworks. My dad decided to join us at this point. Art had bought some fireworks and we had some left over from last year. Plus our neighbors across the street was doing theirs so it lasted about an hour. There were some awesome ones, and so not-so-awesome ones. But I have to say that my favorite part was seeing the kids with the sparklers. Last year I ended up doing all the sparklers because the kids were so scared of them. They were really timid at first this year too, but they eventually came out of their shells and had a riot after that. Once they figured out that they could write in the air and that they weren't going to get burned, they wouldn't stop. The other highlight was seeing Art stand in the middle of the road holding one of the fireworks in his had. He was holding it like a torch and standing like the Statue of Liberty. It was so funny. I had good video of it until Trae knocked the camera and it fell to the ground. Of course I screamed his name and of course it was on the audio so I won't be showing it-Sorry! To end what was a really good night, we all came in and had homemade ice cream with brownies and chocolate sauce. We finally put our cranky kids to bed at about 11:30 pm. But it was all worth it. We had a really good time. So to everyone that came-Thank You, it was awesome and you all helped to make it that way. To those that didn't come-There is always next year!
Trae and ElieLeslie and ConnerJordan (his mug shot) and Grandpa RayJordan (a better shot) and Grandpa RayLisa and ArtElie

Art-he's trying to show offArt again



1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

I love all of the pictures, and the blog! Very cute!
The food sounds way good! :(
One year we'll make it!