Monday, July 28, 2008

The fruits of our labors....

Really it is just Jordan's labors. I can't really take any credit for this. Me and him spent most of our free time last week at either Lowe's or a local nursery. Lowe's had lots of trees and plants on clearance and the other nursery had their big annual pioneer day sale where they put everything 1/2 off. We picked out a few trees and pines and some boxwoods at Lowe's and bought the rest at this other place. They only do the sale on the 24th and seeing as I had to work, Jordan spent a good couple of hours in the morning there with my mom. She is really good at knowing what to plant, so it was good.

He came home almost every night last week and weeded and prepped and pulled and planted. I offered to help, but I think that I was more in the way. He said that I had already worked outside so it was his turn (pretty thoughtful, huh?). Anyways, this is our reward:

By our front patio

The front yard
And last but not least, the parking strip

We still have some more planting to do, but I just wanted to acknowledge all of the hard work that Jordan has done. It is awesome to look out our window or pull out of our driveway and see some plants-not just weeds and our neighbors non-pretty rock wall. And we have done it all on a really cheap budget.

3 comments:

chelsea said...

It looks great!! Good job Jordan! That is so sweet of him to offer to do it because you had worked outside already. what a gentleman :) It is amazing what plants and trees can do for a yard!

Ann Marie said...

What's the deal with me coveting your stuff tonight? Trees on sale?? It would have to be when I'm down. :)

That is a TON of work!
Way to go Jordan!! Cute heart rock too!

{Mo} said...

I'm jealous.... We have grass, but that's all we've got. I guess we do have some trees and LOTS of weeds and work to do! It looks good, you guys did a great job!