Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Do you swim in a pool to make yourself cool?

As a way of beating the heat, my sister, sister-in-law and I all decided to take our kids to the local rec center. We are members and go quite frequently. The others are not, but they are trying to get their little ones adjusted to pool life. We met there right when they opened, to beat the crowd, and spent some time indoors in the lazy river and water slide. Then we all decided to move outdoors and get some fresh air. It was hot, but the water felt really good. I think that all the kids really had a ball. Elizabeth and Isabella were pretty tired by the time we left (about 3 hours later). But I think they did pretty good considering all the people, the heat, the noise, and the accidental trips which sent them under. My kids are like little fishes. We strap Elie's life jacket on and she just floats around and around the river. Trae has gotten pretty brave and will now go down the water slide all by himself. I think that we all had a great time, and I look forward to doing it again before the summer's over!


1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Swimming sounds so nice right now!
My kids are dying to go..
Glad you had fun!